Many want straighter teeth, but they don't want to wear those ugly metal brackets and the discomfort that comes along with traditional orthodontic work. That's where Invisalign comes in.
Invisalign aligners are almost invisible aligners that are custom made for your teeth. They don't use any metal brackets and wires, instead, it comes with a series of trays that gradually shift your teeth in place. Each tray is manufactured to be slightly straighter than the previous tray. Every two weeks, you'll receive a new set. Each tray slowly moves the teeth up to 0.25mm per tray. Read Invisalign adults.
Invisalign Treatment Timeline
On average, the treatment time for adults is 12 months. However, this depends on the severity of the case of an individual. For teens, the treatment time can also vary. Your doctor will work closely with you to develop a treatment plan that fully meets your needs.
Invisalign is an excellent alternative to metal braces, but it has its limitations. There are cases where traditional braces can work more effectively than Invisalign. Invisalign is geared towards moderate cases, and it is not as effective in fixing severe issues that would require advanced orthodontic procedures to treat them.
Generally, Invisalign can treat the following:
- Mild overbite
- Crowded teeth
- Gapped teeth
Once we determine that you are the right candidate for Invisalign at your consultation, we'll take detailed records of your teeth including:
- Digital x-rays
- Digital scan of your teeth
- Photographs of your teeth and face
We'll then send these records to the lab with detailed instructions on how your teeth should be moved. Our in-house dentist will use advanced 3D computer imaging technology to develop a treatment plan from its initial position to the final desired position. We believe that a highly skilled orthodontist is essential in creating custom-made aligners. It will take around 4 to 5 weeks to complete. Once the trays arrive at our office, we're ready to start straightening your teeth. How much does invisalign cost.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Invisalign can be taken out whenever you eat or drink. Therefore you won't have any restrictions compared to traditional braces.
- Invisalign is virtually invisible, which means it is a perfect choice if you don't want to have metal brackets and wires showing when you smile.
- Brushing and flossing are easier with Invisalign aligners because you can remove these aligners when brushing and flossing. This makes it easy to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- You can remove the aligners temporarily when taking photos, participating in sports, or any other special occasion.
Become A New Patient