About Carmody Recreation Center, Lakewood, CO
Carmody Recreation Center, situated at the Lakewood, CO area, features gyms and indoor pickleball courts, aerobics and fitness studios, a cardio and weight area, as well as a unique 50-meter indoor pool, an outdoor pool with spray pad, and an outdoor workout pad. These activities do not require reservations.
Without a reservation, the fitness and pool areas, aqua fitness courses, pickleball, and basketball are all available. Fitness classes require pre-registration. Reservations should be booked at least eight days in advance.
Visitors are expected to follow the department's code of behavior. Alcohol is prohibited. There are no vending machines on-site; so you should bring your own refreshments. Glass containers are not permitted.
ENTRY TO THE BUILDING AND IDENTITY CHECK-IN
The entrance doors will be open to all visitors. You must bring your Lakewood recreation ID card to the front desk to check in. If you do not already have a card, the center will provide one on your next visit near Lakewood CO.
Guidelines for Safety
RULES APPLICABLE TO ALL AREAS:
- Remain at home if you are ill or have any symptoms including a sore throat, a temperature of 100.4 or higher, or a cough.
- Locker rooms are now available. Visitors are responsible for providing their own lock.
- There will be no congregating permitted inside or outside the building.
Adults are not permitted to swim laps or water walk with newborns or little children. Please consult the pool's schedule and plan your visit around open swim hours.
Etiquette for lap lanes:
- All lanes are shared.
- Notify your lane buddy that you are about to join the lane.
- Split the lane into two sections with two swimmers.
- Swim in a circle with three swimmers.
- Slower swimmers must make way for speedier ones.
- For assistance, contact a lifeguard.
- Consider others and have fun with your workout!
RULES IN THE FITNESS AREA:
- Before and after each usage, thoroughly clean your equipment.
- Each piece of equipment is properly spaced to comply with health department rules.
- Kindly exercise social distancing when transferring between venues near Lakewood CO.
- Drop-in available on Monday-Friday, 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.; Sunday, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- There are no reservations required. All levels welcome; first come, first served.
- There is no equipment given other than a net.
- Participants must bring their own basketball.
Hardy Orthodontics is nearby.
Carmody Recreation Center
Head south toward S Kipling St
Turn right onto W Warren Ave
Turn right onto S Kipling St
Turn left onto W Jewell Ave
Turn right onto S Kipling Pkwy
Turn right onto W Alameda Ave
Turn right onto S Teller St - Hardy Orthodontics 75 ft