About Bear Creek Greenbelt, Lakewood, CO
This gorgeous, natural stream corridor, situated in the Lakewood, Colorado area, offers a continuous trail connection and wildlife corridor from Wadsworth Boulevard west to Bear Creek Lake Park.
Parallel to Bear Creek, the 379-acre preserve is home to fishing ponds, wetlands, riparian woods, and great animal viewing possibilities. Numerous trail connections offer unlimited opportunities for riding and strolling over the picturesque floodplain toward Denver, Bear Creek Lake Park near Lakewood CO, and the foothills beyond.
Bear Creek Greenbelt: Sheridan to Wadsworth is a 3.7-mile out-and-back trail with a river that is suitable for all ability levels. The trail is open all throughout the year and is generally utilized for strolling, running, bird watching, and road riding. Dogs are permitted on this trail but must be on a leash.
The Greenbelt Park shelter is situated near the parking lot's south end. It seats up to 80 people and features eight tables and one double grill. A horseshoe pit is located adjacent to the shelter.
Permanent restrooms are situated directly west of the shelter and adjacent to the parking lot. Restrooms are typically open from April 15 to October 15, weather permitting.
Rental Charges and Reservation Procedures
- Include a $25 fee for non-residents.
- Shelters are available for rent from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Monday-Thursday: $95
- Friday-Sunday (and city holidays): $120
Rules and Regulations
THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES ARE PROHIBITED:
All park rules and regulations will be enforced.
- Smoking is not permitted.
- Ignoring designated highways. This involves driving past the curb lines and designated parking spaces, as well as into walkways, in order to load or unload equipment or supplies.
- Any type of amplified music that would annoy residents or other park users.
- Anything that obstructs walkways or paths. On the grass, the installation of canopies, tents, structures, buildings, charcoal barbecues, and other equipment.
- Piñatas or similar objects that require substantial cleanup when broken
- Containers for beverages made of glass.
- Pets must be on a leash.
- Fires in the open.
- Changes to the physical destruction of park shelters or resources.
- Resale of food, beverages, or other products.
- Littering or vandalizing.
- Removal of tables from other areas.
- Dunk tanks, jumping castles, and similar objects are prohibited.
- Portable toilets
- Playing horseshoes in areas that are not designated.
Hardy Orthodontics is nearby.
Bear Creek Greenbelt
Take S Estes St to Morrison Rd
3 min (1.0 mi)
Take CO-121 N/S Wadsworth Blvd to W Alameda Ave
7 min (3.2 mi)
Follow W Alameda Ave to S Teller St - Hardy Orthodontics 56 s (0.3 mi)