Invisalign uses detachable, transparent trays rather than wires and brackets like braces. It’s worth looking into Invisalign and how many people choose it as orthodontic treatment.
Help Yourself Decide with these Invisalign Treatment Benefits
- Almost invisible. This aligner is made of a translucent plastic material that is normally difficult to see. Because there are no wires or brackets, most people will not notice. It will allow you to have a beautiful smile while being treated.
- Braces are less difficult to keep clean. Brush your teeth thoroughly after eating to prevent food from becoming lodged in your teeth and causing plaque and cavities. With clear aligners, no matter where you are, removal is simple, and brushing and cleaning are a breeze. As a result, it is easier to maintain proper oral hygiene and, as a result, good dental health.
- Invisalign is a removable treatment and it is not attached to your teeth at all. These plastic aligners can be removed when you eat, drink, brush, or floss.
- This procedure treats overbite, open bite, crossbite, severe overjet, crooked teeth, crowded teeth, and gaps between teeth.
- Because there are no wires, brackets, or sharp edges to contend with, the Invisalign aligners are extremely comfortable. The trays are made of silicone and are smooth to avoid causing painful cuts or sores in the mouth and cheeks, making them more comfortable for the user. They can be worn for up to 22 hours a day without getting tired. As a result, the patient does not need to come into the office because they will be given aligners before moving on to the next stage of treatment. Because regular visits to tighten the wires and bands on metal braces are no longer required, fewer visits are required.
- Potentially shorter treatment time: Depending on the severity of the problem, the time required to resolve it could range from 6 months to 2 years. To put this in context, traditional braces typically take between 1 and 3 years to complete, depending on the situation.
Learn about Mistakes to avoid before Invisalign treatment.
- Galan-Lopez, L., Barcia-Gonzalez, J., & Plasencia, E. (2019). A systematic review of the accuracy and efficiency of dental movements with Invisalign®. Korean journal of orthodontics, 49(3), 140–149. https://doi.org/10.4041/kjod.2019.49.3.140
- Ke Y, Zhu Y, Zhu M. A comparison of treatment effectiveness between clear aligner and fixed appliance therapies. BMC Oral Health. 2019;19(1):24. Published 2019 Jan 23. doi:10.1186/s12903-018-0695-z
- Invisalign aligners cleaning methods
One of the most critical components of Invisalign aligners is that they must be cleaned. Even if you intend to remove your aligners after a few weeks, you must first clean them. Another factor that may influence future processing is that you will be wearing a ridiculous and stinking pair of aligners. If you do […]
- Avoid these mistakes before Invisalign treatment
Because of the advancements in dentistry, we can have a beautiful smile without suffering from the disadvantages of traditional braces. One of the reasons Invisalign is the best treatment to correct the alignment of the teeth is that it doesn’t use metal brackets and wires that show up when you talk or smile which is […]