Despite the fact that they are both transparent aligners, these two devices are extremely different. Examine the differences between Invisalign and Smile Direct Club to choose which is best for you.
How Effective is Invisalign Vs Smile Direct Club
Invisalign and Smile Direct Club are both forms of transparent aligners used to straighten teeth that are popular among adults due to their near-invisibility.
Smile Direct Club is a transparent aligner that offers a straighter smile for 60% less than braces. It is a type of treatment that does not include any dental monitoring, but you must see your dentist to be examined. They can also assist with any problems that may occur throughout treatment. If you want, you can have this treatment fully remote, but you must visit your dental expert every 90 days.
A certified Invisalign expert supervises and administers Invisalign. Your dental professional will evaluate if you are a good candidate and if there are any concerns that need to be addressed before beginning treatment.
Read more How Invisalign Can Correct Overbite.
When it comes to treatment choices, Invisalign and Smile Direct Club provide a wide range of possibilities.
Invisalign Full – These are standard Invisalign aligners that may be used to treat both moderate and complicated malocclusions. The duration of therapy might range from 12 to 18 months.
Invisalign Express – This option is intended for extremely mild instances and allows for minimal mobility. These are supplied with a set of 5 or 10 aligners. The therapy period is limited to 12 months.
Invisalign Teen – This is designed particularly for teenagers, and the aligners have indications that inform parents and dental professionals about how frequently they are worn.
Smile Direct Club
Smile Direct Club Clear Aligners – If you wear it 22 hours each day, this sort of therapy will last an average of 6 months.
Nighttime Clear Aligners – This sort of treatment plan is intended to be worn at night for a total of 10 hours each day. The treatment lasts 10 hours. Many professionals choose this therapy since they do not have to wear them to work.
Pros and Cons
Pros of Invisalign Treatment
- It may treat simple to complicated tooth and jaw disorders like as gaps, bite difficulties, spacing, and crowding.
- Your dentist can closely monitor your development with frequent checkups.
- A more hands-on approach to therapy. Technical flaws and flaws are less likely to arise in at-home kits.
- Treatment is quicker and may possibly be better than conventional braces.
- Because of the locked buttons, the teeth are moved gently and securely.
Cons of Invisalign Treatment
- It is not possible to cure serious dental issues.
- Because of the secured buttons, it is not as inconspicuous as Smile Direct Club.
- It costs more than alternative aligners.
Pros of Smile Direct Club
- It is less expensive than Invisalign or even conventional braces.
- Six months is the typical wear time.
- The kit contains all of the trays required for your treatment plan.
- The transparent retainers lack noticeable buttons.
Cons of Smile Direct Club
- It is not possible to treat moderate to severe problems.
- Because communication is largely distant, it is not a hands-on method to treatment.
- As DIY tooth imprints might impact the precision of your treatment, there is a risk of technical difficulties and flaws.
- Aligners do not have buttons to keep them in place, which might result in incorrect shifting.
How much do they cost?
Invisalign might cost anywhere from $3500 to $8500, depending on what your dental expert determines. Smile Direct Club, on the other hand, is less expensive than Invisalign. Expect to pay less than $2000 for Smile Direct Club, which is one of the inexpensive orthodontic items available.
Choosing what’s best for you
Is Invisalign or Smile Direct Club the better option for your treatment? At the end of the day, it is your smile, and you should be the one to select the clear aligner system that is best for your lifestyle, objectives, and budget. Your dentist will also recommend the most effective treatment choice for you.
- Ke Y, Zhu Y, Zhu M. A comparison of treatment effectiveness between clear aligner and fixed appliance therapies. BMC Oral Health. 2019;19(1):24. Published 2019 Jan 23. doi:10.1186/s12903-018-0695-z
- Frongia G, Castroflorio T. Correction of severe tooth rotations using clear aligners: a case report. Aust Orthod J. 2012 Nov;28(2):245-9. PMID: 23304975.
- Correcting Overbites with Invisalign
A malocclusion in which the upper front teeth overlap the lower front teeth is known as an overbite. It is the most common dental problem, accounting for more than 70% of all dental problems and resulting in an uneven and unnatural smile. We’re here to help you figure out if clear aligners like Invisalign can […]
- Invisalign vs Braces : Which One is Best For You?
According to studies, 96 percent of people believe that their smile is vital to their overall appearance. As a result, individuals opt to use braces or Invisalign in order to achieve perfectly aligned teeth. But which option, between Invisalign and braces, is the most appropriate for you? Advantages and Disadvantages of Invisalign over Braces Invisalign […]