Published on January 29, 2021, Updated on August 25, 2021
You won’t be wearing braces for the rest of your life. One day your orthodontist will remove that metal on your teeth which reveals the perfect teeth that you patiently and religiously worked hard for. Unfortunately, there are times where you’ll be wearing it for longer than the specified time frame.
If you want to get rid of any types of dental braces faster, here are some things you can do.
Watch What You Eat
Eating healthy foods is one of the best ways to get off these braces faster. Remember that there are no overnight fixes, but one way to make sure your teeth will move faster, and safer is to eat foods that are beneficial to your oral and overall health.
- Eat foods that are low in sugar (or no sugar at all) and starch to avoid plaque buildup.
- Do not eat gummy or sticky foods like caramel, candy bars, gummies as they usually stick to the braces which prevent it from working efficiently. This is very important for kids as they can’t get enough of candies and sugary treats. Constant chewing will be tough on the braces, and it could bend the wires out of place.
- Chop up hard foods like meat, raw vegetables, or bread. Chop it up in bite-sized pieces and chew it slowly and carefully.
- Do not bite down on anything that is not food. Do not chew pencil, pens, or anything that are not food as it can damage the wires.
Take Care of Your Braces
When you take good care of your braces, you can speed up the treatment process which helps to take it out of your mouth faster. There are many different wires and brackets in your mouth and there is a high possibility that the food particles can get lodged in it.
Use a toothbrush with soft bristles to brush the teeth in between the brackets.
When brushing your teeth, brush in circular motion. Better yet, use an electric toothbrush to help apply constant brushing force and maintain proper technique.
Make sure to floss daily.
Flossing helps to get rid of any food particles stuck in the mouth and prevent plaque buildup, which in turn allows the braces to work effectively. The healthier your mouth is, the more likely the teeth to shift into the position faster.
If you are using elastics, make sure to keep them on as your orthodontist prescribed.
Although it might be uncomfortable at times and it is difficult to wear it at night, these elastics are an important part in straightening your teeth. When wearing these bands, make sure to relax your jaw and do not grind your teeth. This movement will put pressure on them and prevent the alignment process from working correctly. You need to be thorough in cleaning your braces especially with kids clear braces.
- What is The Difference Between Invisalign and Direct to Consumer Aligners
Published on October 6, 2021, Updated on November 10, 2021 Despite the fact that they are both transparent aligners, these two devices are extremely different. Examine the differences between Invisalign and Direct to Consumer Aligners to choose which is best for you. How Effective is Invisalign Vs Direct to Consumer…
- Pick the best colors for your braces bands
Published on September 28, 2021, Updated on November 10, 2021 Choosing a color for your braces can be challenging at times because, if you choose the wrong color, you will wind up wearing a hue that does not match your mood, personality, or style, which can be embarrassing. The majority…