A braces treatment is an exciting milestone in your life as once you’re done with it, you’ll have a beautiful smile. However, if you do not take care of your teeth, food particles can get stuck in between the brackets and wires that can allow plaque and bacteria buildup which can later cause cavities and tooth decay. Preventing cavities while wearing braces is the best way to make sure your orthodontic treatment proceeds successfully and prevent early visits to the dental office. Know About your kid dental x-ray.
- Brush your teeth twice a day. We can’t stress enough the importance of brushing your teeth twice a day or after each meal to prevent cavities and tooth decay. Food particles thrive in your mouth when you don’t clean them and because of that plaque will develop which can later cause tooth decay. It is also important to know the proper oral hygiene practices such as brushing techniques to clean your teeth and braces efficiently.
- Floss your teeth You may still be able to floss your teeth even when you have braces. It might take some time due to a different type of flossing technique than you’re used to but you’ll be able to floss your teeth in no time at all.
- Use mouthwash after brushing There is a good chance that harmful bacteria are present in your mouth even if you’ve brushed and flossed your teeth. Rinse your mouth using a fluoride mouthwash to effectively get rid of any remnant bacteria.
Tips to avoid cavities in children’s teeth.
- Watch What You Eat There are some types of foods that can affect the treatment and can cause tooth decay with braces. Sugary snacks, sticky foods, and desserts all leave residue around the brackets and wires even after you’ve cleaned your teeth. Most of the foods packed with sugar can promote bacteria and plaque formation and cause tooth decay. Learn Should kids floss every day?
- Avoid certain beverages Soda, energy drinks, fruit juices, and carbonated drinks all contain sugar and acids that can easily wear down the tooth enamel over time.
- Don’t forget your dental appointments. When you visit your dental professional regularly, they can thoroughly examine your oral health, adjust your wires, and replace elastic bands. They can also detect the signs of plaque buildup and tooth decay in its early stages and find an appropriate treatment for it before it gets worse.
Schedule an appointment with Dr. Nam Hardy
- A study by the Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology shows that the orthodontic treatments such as dental braces do not prevent tooth decay.
- Studies from Dental Press Journal of Orthodontics show that the dental biofilm cointains Streptococcus mutans (S. mutancs) which are acidogenic and aciduric and is considered as the cause of dental caries.
- What is The Difference Between Invisalign and Direct to Consumer Aligners
Despite the fact that they are both transparent aligners, these two devices are extremely different. Examine the differences between Invisalign and Direct to Consumer Aligners to choose which is best for you. How Effective is Invisalign Vs Direct to Consumer Aligners Invisalign and Direct to Consumer Aligners are both forms…
- Pick the best colors for your braces bands
Choosing a color for your braces can be challenging at times because, if you choose the wrong color, you will wind up wearing a hue that does not match your mood, personality, or style, which can be embarrassing. The majority of people are unable to choose the proper color for…