What are Englewood InBrace Lingual Braces?
Lingual braces Englewood have similar benefits and functionality to traditional braces in correcting the alignment of one's teeth, closing teeth gaps, or any other bite corrections. The only difference is that the archwire, ligatures, and brackets are installed at the back of your teeth or at the tongue-side. This makes it less conspicuous to wear than traditional metal braces that is why it is a popular treatment for both teens and adults.
How do Englewood Lingual Braces work?
How lingual braces Englewood work is similar to how traditional braces work. They exert pressure on the teeth to gradually shift them to their desired position. However, the placement of the brackets and wires is on the teeth' lingual side. Still, this type of orthodontic treatment can have quite a few issues to the patient. One complication is that there is not enough space for the upper and lower teeth to accommodate the braces.
How long does Englewood Lingual Braces treatment lasts?
The length of the treatment can vary because it usually depends on the patient's case. A typical lingual braces treatment in Englewood can take from one to three years. After the teeth are re-aligned and done correctly, they will be given a fixed or removable retainer that the patient will have to wear for several months so that the teeth won't return to its original position.
What are the Pros and Cons of Lingual Braces Englewood?
Lingual braces Englewood, just like the other orthodontic treatments, have their own set of advantages and disadvantages. Below is a brief discussion about its pros and cons, which may help you decide if it's more suitable and convenient for you.
- The most significant advantage of this type of treatment is it is invisible. The brackets and wires are only visible when people get a closer look at the teeth.
- Compared to clear aligners which have a distinct plastic look making your smile look artificial, Englewood lingual braces make your smile appear natural since they're hidden behind your teeth and the only visible part is your natural teeth.
- The position of the braces gives the orthodontist better control of the teeth's movement.
- Since the braces are positioned at the back of the teeth, they usually come in contact with the tongue and may cause irritation. This irritation can generally lead to pain when swallowing or speaking. These braces can also restrict the movement of the tongue.
- The tongue needs to touch against the teeth to produce certain sounds. With the brackets placed where the tongue used to touch, you may not be able to produce certain sounds properly—at least during the first few days or weeks upon wearing the braces.
- Unlike traditional braces, it takes more time to get used to wearing lingual braces Englewood.
- Placing the braces at the back of the teeth requires particular skill from the orthodontist as visibility is very limited. Not all can perform such treatment as it requires specialized training.
What are the features of Lingual Braces Englewood?
- Effectively correct most bite problems
- Does not irritate gums & cheeks
- Virtually invisible
- Customized for you
- Advanced Technology Affordable Treatment
Is there a dental office that provides Lingual Braces near Englewood?
We at Hardy Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics are committed to provide the best Lingual Braces treatment experience to all of our patients. Our Lingual Braces Englewood are made of high-quality and durable materials. Schedule an appointment or contact us if you're near Englewood CO.
Request a Free Consultation
Become A New Patient